Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

I'm kind of embarrassed to say I've never enjoyed sweet potato fries. I recall trying them in the past but I don't remember asking for more. I avoided sweet potatoes in general, I just didn't like my potatoes sweet. Well let me just say, I am so thankful my taste buds have changed!!

Sweet potatoes mixed with spice and salt...sweet...salty...spicy....perfection? Possibly.

I can't wait to grow some of these fine wonders. Why bother? For starters, they are high in Vitamin  B6, C, D, contain iron and have a good source of magnesium. Did you know magnesium has been referred to help with relaxation and stress? Check out 9 reasons to love sweet potatoes below and let the benefits speak for themselves!

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-reasons-to-love-sweet-potatoes.html

In the mean time, who doesn't love french fries? I know I do! See the recipe below!



Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato sliced into 1/4" strips
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • To taste: Paprika, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes, salt and pepper. 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Place sliced potato strips into bag with olive oil and sprinkle with spices, shake to spread over the fries completely. 
  3. Spread onto greased sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve. 




Like me on facebook today! 

Go to the CIS Facebook Group






No comments:

Post a Comment