TVP is such a great staple, it's so quick and easy. Last night we made tostadas and tonight we had the leftovers. Heat some corn tortillas, add some cheese, TVP, beans, fresh vegetables and vegan sour cream and dinner is ready. "Absolutely delicious" my husband raved. Enjoy!
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 pieces of vegan cheese
- 1 cup of water - boiled
- 1 cup of TVP
- 1 can red kidney beans - or black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- Dash of cumin
- 1/4 white onion - sliced
- 2 jalapenos - sliced and/or hot sauce to taste
- 1 can sliced olives - drained
- 1 ripe avocado - sliced
- Vegan sour cream - I use tofutti
- Few spinach leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour water over TVP. Add taco seasoning. Mix together and set aside.
- Heat kidney beans on stove over low heat, add dash of cumin to taste.
- Place tortillas on pan, heat until crisp. 5+ minutes.
- Add vegan cheese and heat until melted.
- Remove from oven, place on plates.
- Load with TVP, beans, veggies and sour cream. Yum!