After a long week with JJ Jerry and I needed some comfort, so being the girl I am I made a cake! :) The very first carrot cake I've ever made and oh my, it's delicious! We're still eating it. The key is to cut it into small pieces and put it in the freezer for dessert when you get a sweet craving!
- 3/4 Cup Stevia
- 1/4 Cup Agave
- 1 Cup All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 organic carrots shredded finely (watch your fingers!)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (Low-Fat opt: use more applesauce or a banana!)
- 3/4 cup organic no sugar added applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg substitute (Ener G or Flax and water)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Handful of slivered almonds, raisins and flax seeds for decoration.
- Tub Tofutti Cream Cheese Substitute
- 1/4 cup earth balance
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar OR 1/4 - 1/2 cup stevia (not too much to avoid an aftertaste)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp agave
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour a 10 X 9 square cake pan. I didn't have one so I used a pie pan and a brownie pan, it worked fine and tastes the same! :) (Ie: use what you have, make them muffins etc!)
- Stir together dry ingredients
- Mix carrot and wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry into wet ingredients and beat 2-3 minutes until well mixed. Stir in the nuts or raisins (or both!)
- Bake 40 minutes (or until toothpick comes clean)
- Allow to cool to room temperature
- Mix frosting together. I placed in fridge while cake(s) were cooling.
- Add frosting to cake.
- Decorate with slivered almonds, raisins and flax seeds.