Tuesday night we used our leftover chickpea (Garbanzo) and corn leftovers to make a Garbanzo Bean burger. I topped it with vegan Pepper Jack cheese and a sliced avocado. As if it weren't easy enough I heated up Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels. It was fantastic! We at every bite! :)
Garbanzo Bean Burger
2 tsp Olive Olive
1 can of corn
1 cup chopped onion
1 chopped garlic clove
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp crushed red peppers
dash of garlic salt and pepper
1 can chick peas (rinsed/drained)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
2 Tbsp cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Slice Vegan Pepper Jack Cheese
2 pieces lettuce
1 Package Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels
- Heat 1 tsp olive olive oil. Saute corn, thyme, basil, oregano, crushed red peppers, garlic salt and pepper until warm.
- Place warm corn mixture, chick peas, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, salt and chili powder. Pulse in food processor / Blender until combined.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in pan. Take a handful of mixture and place into hot pan in the shape of a patty. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Cook patty for 5 minutes until nice and crispy, cook another 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Top with Vegan Pepper Jack Cheese (Cover with lid to melt)
- Heat Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsel as directed on package (I heated longer)
- Once done place burgers on top of freshly washed lettuce & add 1/2 sliced avocado on top.
- Place Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels on the side.