We had a healthy vegan burger served on a bed of organic lettuce, with organic tomatoes, vegan cheese and horseradish mustard with asparagus on the side.
Chick Pea & Corn Patties
2 tsp Olive Olive
1 can of corn
1 cup chopped onion
1 chopped garlic clove
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp crushed red peppers
dash of garlic salt and pepper
1 can chick peas (rinsed/drained)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
2 Tbsp cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat 1 tsp olive olive oil. Saute corn, thyme, basil, oregano, crushed red peppers, garlic salt and pepper until warm.
- Place warm corn mixture, chick peas, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, salt and chili powder. Pulse in food processor / Blender until combined.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in pan. Take a handful of mixture and place into hot pan in the shape of a patty. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Cook patty for 5 minutes until nice and crispy, cook another 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
1 lb Asparagus
1 tsp olive oil
Splash of lemon juice
Garlic Salt and Pepper
- Heat Grill
- Rinse asparagus and snap the ends off.
- Put the rinsed asparagus in a bag, drizzle with olive oil, add a splash of lemon juice, sprinkle garlic salt and pepper and shake.
- Cook until desired. (about 5+ min)
Calories: 153 / Protein: 4 g / Carbs: 9 g / Fat: 5.5 g / Calcium: 27 mg