Lemon Grass has wonderful health benefits. If you want something to boost your immune system, make your mouth water, warm your body and leave you smiling, then try this soup! Thai food is always welcomed with a smile in our home.
Option: Serve with Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 stalks Lemon Grass (Health food / Asian market) - Lower portion, peeled, sliced and placed in food processor
- 1 small piece ginger - food processor
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced
- Opt: Jalapeno
- 1 large tomato
- Opt: 1/2 can Coconut milk
- handful of fresh herbs - sliced (Basil, Oregano, Rosemary & Parsley)
- Garlic Salt and chili pepper - dash
- Sea Salt, Pepper - tsp
- 2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce / Red Chili Flakes or Red Hot Chilis
- Place vegetable broth in large pot.
- Prepare Lemon Grass, place in pot with ginger. Boil 5 minutes over med-high heat. Place upper portion of stalks of lemon grass in pot for flavor / decoration only. Do not eat. ;)
- Add minced garlic, chili sauce, red bell pepper, jalapenos, mushroom and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, spices and herbs. Serve or add Coconut milk heat throughout and serve.
Fresh herbs from the garden or herb box really make the flavor pop! This is our first jalapeno of the season! I picked it a little early...I couldn't wait! :0)