This is a perfect dessert for a BBQ or get together. Growing up my mom would always make it fresh from the garden. Strawberry rhubarb crisps bring me back to the farm, picking fresh rhubarb and strawberries right from the garden! I got my rhubarb and strawberries from the market but it still creates an irresistible flavor sensation!
- 2 lbs strawberries - quartered
- 4 large stalks rhubarb - cut in half and sliced into 1/4-1/2" chunks
- 3-4 tbsp agave
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (baking mix or almond flour/quinoa etc)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten free cranberry granola
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spread 1 tbsp of coconut oil over bottom of 9 X 13 pan to grease.
- Mix Strawberries, rhubarb, 3-4 tsbp agave and quinoa flour. Pour into greased pan.
- Mix balance of ingredients. Spread over top for a crispy crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. For a real treat top with vegan vanilla ice cream!