Last night I wanted to make something simple, it turned out to be much more beautiful than I'd hoped for. Quinoa, fried tofu with vegetables served with a korean melon for dessert. Satisfying, healthy and finger licking delicious!
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup
- Water 2/3 cup
- Fresh Herbs - sliced (basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary)
- Cumin - dash
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Fresh slice of lemon slice - squeezed
- Coconut Oil - big spoonful
- 3/4 onion - sliced in chunks
- 6 garlic gloves - diced
- 1/4" chunk ginger - diced
- small handful baby carrots - sliced
- 1 package firm tofu - drained and sliced into chunks
- 1 "egg" (I used a spoonful of flax-meal with warm water and let it sit.)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 cup or so cajon seasoning (I just sprinkled some on top)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- small handful oats
- 4 tbsp Spicy BBQ sauce
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- Cumin - dash
- Cook water and quinoa in rice cooker. Once done mix in the balance of the ingredients. Let it rest while preparing the main course.
- Mix the sliced tofu with the "Egg", cornmeal, cajon seasoning, nutritional yeast, oats and BBQ sauce.
- Heat Oil in Wok or a large skillet over med - low heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 1+min.
- Add carrots and tofu mixture. Fry in Wok until heated throughout and desired consistency. About 15+ min. Add seasoning to taste, parsley to decorate. (Opt)
- Place Quinoa on bottom with tofu on top. For a healthy dessert try a Korean melon on the side! Delicious!