I've always loved pizza but don't always like the way I feel after eating it. I decided to create a gluten free crust with out yeast or oil. The secret? The magical zucchini! The zucchini is the secret as it locks in the moisture. This pizza crust is a great starter for many fun creations. It's super quick and easy! Plus it will leave you filling full, satisfied and recharged!
Fun insight: Quinoa dates back thousands of years ago. It "was the gold of the Incas" and is a complete protein rich in all 9 essential amino acids with twice as much fiber as other grains. Not only that but it's high in iron, magnesium, manganese, lysine and B2! Every time I eat quinoa my body feels incredibly satisfied. I can instantly feel the benefits and it always leaves me coming back for more!
Flippin' delicious and you don't feel weighed down! YES!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 35 minutesIngredients:
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 2 cups quinoa flour (ground quinoa)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- Dash of: Oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, fennel, cumin, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat baking sheet or pizza stone with olive oil.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Kneed the dough.
- Place onto prepared pan or stone.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Prepare toppings while in oven
- Remove and place favorite toppings on pizza (have fun!)
- Bake 10-15 minutes
Toppings I used?
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 3 slices red onion
- whole basil leaves
- dash of garlic salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Opt for oil free or add a tiny drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
See the heart? I picked fresh basil leaves from the garden and noticed the beautiful surprise upon cleaning the leaves. It looks like a critter ate it's heart out - literally! :)