Monday, May 13, 2013

Red Kale Spirulina Super Shake!

I love eating a plant based diet that makes me healthy from the inside out! Each morning my husband and I start our day with a delicious and nutritious shake. Simple whole foods with protein to get us up and going is just what we need! It makes us thrive and feel satisfied and energized.

We started replacing or breakfast with shakes about 3 years ago, at first I was hesitant. What? No pancakes, hash-browns, tofu scramble or toast? At times I had to make some pancakes but after comparing how I felt after eating pancakes vs. a shake 9.9 times out of 10 I choose the shake!


Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of filtered water
  • Handful of raw almonds
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 cups organic kale
  • 6-7 frozen strawberries 
  • 1/4 cup figs (about 7)
  • 1 slice frozen pineapple
  • 1 scoop protein powder (Today I used: SPIRU-TEIN chocolate peanut butter swirl)
  • 1/4 tsp spirulina or chlorella powder 
Directions:
  1. Add ingredients in order listed above
  2. Blend in blender - I used the smoothie setting!
  3. Serve cold with vitamins for the day ;) 



 Red Kale Spirulina Super Shake!


I started adding raw kale and spirulina powder - two super foods that make us feel amazing! I highly recommend checking out the nutritional values. I love finding foods that were valued in history, spirulina is one of them! Why have it with your meals? Oh... I don't know...to help curb your appetite, detoxify your body of harmful toxins, radiation, metals, help with disease, it also has anti-aging properties and much more! I value it highly and am going to begin incorporating it much more. PLUS it has 60-70% complete protein = more than beef or soybeans! 

Check it out for yourself: 
http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-spirulina.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/129258-spirulina-powder-benefits/
http://www.naturalnews.com/036101_spirulina_superfood_nutrients.html


Statements made have not been evaluated by the FDA or SAMCC and should not be seen as health claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment