Today is National Strawberries and Cream Day. What a better way to start than with my husband's creamy strawberry dessert. I've asked and received permission to share his secret recipe. He honestly would not even share it with me for the longest time so this is huge! Haha :)
He created this magnificent dessert that is so creamy and delicious, and just like ice cream only better! The best part is it's made with whole-food ingredients that are good for you! Raw, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy free and almost guilt free!
The secret? It's like making a protein shake with less water and protein!
The hardest part...is not eating it all in one sitting!
Jerry's Nuts N' Berry's!
It's like a dream!
- Small handful of almonds
- 4 oz filtered water
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup or big chunk of pineapple (or use an extra 1/2 c strawberries)
- 1 banana (makes it really creamy)
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional, we used SPIRU-TEAN)
- 6 dates
- Opt: Extra handful of raisins and almonds
- Place almonds in high speed blender.
- Add filtered water.
- Add balance of ingredients less the extra handful of almonds and raisins.
- Pulse and use a spatula to mash the mixture down.
- Keep pulsing and mashing, pulsing and mashing, pushing the bigger items to the bottom towards the blade.
- Keep working it until it makes a cold sludgy ice cream.
- Add the extra handful of raisins and almonds for texture and pulse a few times.
- Freeze for 30 minutes if you can wait that long and dig in! Freeze balance if you have any leftovers haha! :)