Tempeh is a mainstay in our home and can almost always be found in our fridge. It is very versatile. It has a nutty flavor and easily takes on other flavors. It's a great meat replacement and has many health benefits! Plus, it's extremely affordable which is always welcomed!
Today I thought I'd time myself and try to come up with something fabulous to eat. In less than 30 minutes the house smelled wonderful, my stomach was growling and I was taking a picture of this delicious meal. Organic tempeh creates a delicious "taco" base, season it to perfection, add fresh organic vegetables to top it off and a meal is made. Filling, healthy, nutritious and delicious!
Ground Tempeh via Ninja!
Tempeh and vegetable mixture over chips!
Fresh out of the oven!
Summer Fresh Tempeh Nachos
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10-15 minutes Total Time: 20-25 minutes!
- 1 package organic tempeh - ground in food processor or crumbled
- Spices: big dash cumin, chili powder, smaller dash paprika, cilantro, salt and pepper OR taco seasoning
- 1/4 chunk red onion - finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- big slice red bell pepper - finely chopped
- Tomato (Heirlooms were on sale - yay!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare baking sheet with a fine mist of olive oil. Place chips on pan.
- Finely chop vegetables or place in food processor.
- Heat 2 tbsp water in pan over medium high heat. Add crumbled tempeh, lower heat to medium-low; add seasoning and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Mix in finely diced onion, jalapeno, garlic and red bell pepper.
- Pour tempeh mixture on top of organic corn chips
- Sprinkle with favorite alternative cheese (I used a soy blend)
- Cook for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with fresh organic vegetables. I used a tomato, red bell pepper and red onion. Dig in!!!
Like me on Facebook!