I love love LOVE brownies! C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E! I have been craving some delicious vegan brownies, so I decided to whip up a batch and experiment with adding protein and frosting. Yummy!
- 1 cup of chocolate protein powder / 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of stevia
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder / 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tbsp flax meal - mixed with warm water (to create an "egg")
- 1 package silken tofu
- 4 tsbp almond butter
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add the balance. Mashing the tofu in-between your fingers. Mix well.
- Place in a greased pan, sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 3/4 cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder
- 4 tbsp vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Stir ingredients until combined.
- Drizzle on top of cooled brownies. Sprinkle with hemp seeds (opt).