Cloudy weather makes me want soup. I'm a pansy - even if it's 50 degrees I want something to warm me up! This soup is healthy, nutritious, spicy and delicious! The leftovers are even better after it's had a chance to marinate.
- 1 container Hearty Vegetable Broth (or normal vegetable broth)
- 1/2 container Low Sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 lb small fingerling potatoes - quartered
- 4 stems celery - diced
- 5 cloves garlic - diced
- 1/2 onion - sliced
- 3/4 - 1 head broccoli - torn into big chunks
- 2 zucchini's - sliced
- 1/2 soy longaniza spicy sausage - mushed between fingers
- 1 - 2 cups organic chopped kale - stem removed
- Season to taste with: Basil, Thyme, Garlic Salt, Oregano, Rosemary, Parsley, Pepper, Red pepper flakes.
- Add ingredients in order into big pot over medium to medium high heat, stirring frequently for 20 plus minutes.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 plus minutes, until potatoes are done. -Or-
- If you have time, allow soup to cook over low heat for a longer period of time vs. using the higher heat.
Tip: If you don't have vegetable broth use water and allow the ingredients to simmer longer and use more spices. Be creative! :)