Who doesn't love tacos for dinner? Yum! Plus they just happen to be vegan friendly and absolutely amazing! I took the easy route in a few places....it's Friday night after-all!
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 2 cups of TVP
- 1 package Taco Seasoning (I used Trader Joe's)
- 2 tbsp Oil (I used Sunflower)
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 diced avocado
- Vegan Cheese
- Tofutti Sour Cream
- Taco Shells
- Cajon Style Black Beans - Trader Joe's (can) :)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Boil 2 cups of water, add to TVP and set aside.
- Heat black beans to warm throughout.
- Heat oil in skillet, saute onion for 2 minutes, add TVP and taco seasoning and heat throughout for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup diced tomatoes to taco mixture. Heat throughout.
- Place taco shells in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Place taco mixture into shells, add vegan cheese tomato avocado and anything else you fancy!
- Place soup in bowl with a dollop of "sour cream" and touch of avocado. Dig in!