Jerry wasn't feeling well yesterday so I made some soup to bring him to good health. Today he's already feeling much better! Garlic, ginger, onions and jalepenos come together well to provide some serious healing action. Garlic acts as nature's antibiotic, ginger is a great digestion aid, onions help with congestion, jalapenos are high in vitamin C and also help with congestion. Take a hot bath with some essential oils and herbs afterwards with lots of rest and you'll be well on your way.
Healing Soup for Colds
Soothing Pineapple Smoothie
Sore Throat? Pineapples contain anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce irritation and contain plenty of Vitamin C!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 red onion diced
- 6-8+ garlic cloves diced
- 2-4" chunk of ginger diced
- 4+ jalapenos sliced (or 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, add juice for flavor and spice)
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 red potato - diced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs sliced - (Bunch of Basil, Orageno, Thyme and Rosemary)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup water (add extra dash if needed)
- Stevia to sweeten (opt)
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine ingredients together in large pot
- Cook on med to low heat for 20-30 minutes
- Serve hot
- Combine ingredients into Blender
- Blend until smoothie consistency (about 45 seconds)
Statements made have not been evaluated by the FDA or SAMCC and should not be seen as health claims.