Light, quick and very tasty! Thank heaven for TVP! Add one cup of boiling water and some seasoning and vegetables and you have a meal! I've always wanted to make lettuce wraps and can't wait to try them again!
- 1 cup TVP
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil (Or olive etc)
- 1/2 red onion - chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 green bell pepper - diced
- Hot sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 leafs of lettuce (preferably iceburg... I used what I had - romaine) :)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes sliced
- Add boiling water to TVP and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over med-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic sate for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sate for another 2-3 mintues. Add tomatoes, TVP mixture, sauces and salt and pepper to taste. Combine and heat though.
- Set lettuce on plate add the TVP mixture and decorate with tomatoes and avocados.