Rainbow swiss chard is not only beautiful but very high in vitamin A and K. It pairs together seamlessly with garbanzo beans, fresh tomatoes and lemon juice. I added some tofurkey for an extra boost of protein. A beautiful, nutritious and delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 2 tsbp sunflower or olive oil (I used sunflower)
- 1/4 red onion - diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves - diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper - diced
- 2 jalepenos
- 2 tofurkey links - sliced
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans - drained
- 1/4 fresh lemon - squeezed
- 1-2 garlic sriracha hot sauce (opt)
- garlic salt, black pepper and red chili flakes to taste
- 1 bunch of organic rainbow swiss chard - torn into chunks
- Heat oil in large skillet over med to med-high heat.
- Add diced onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tofurkey links. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, hot sauce (opt), and salt, pepper and red chili flakes to taste and heat throughout.
- Add swiss chard and cook until wilted. Serve hot!