My traveling momma H loves beet greens. I never knew such a divine treat until she introduced me to them. They are best when they are fresh, organic and when they are young (small.) Beet greens, bok choy, and soy sausage create an alternative to the traditional recipe. Half the fun of cooking is letting go and seeing what happens. Enjoy!
Soy Sausage n' Greens -
- Bunch of Beet greens (head off of 3 beets) - chopped
- 4 pieces - Bok Choy - chopped
- 1/2 small onion - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 2 Trader Joe's Soy Sausage links - chopped (or your favorite brand)
- 2-3 garlic cloves - peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce & sriracha hot sauce to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Lemon - sliced on the side
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place asparagus on pan, drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes
- Prep the soy sausage n' greens. Heat a large pan over med-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir constantly.
- Add the chopped soy sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add bok choy, beet greens, soy sauce, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. Heat throughout.
- Serve hot with asparagus and lemon on the side.