This recipe goes to show what you can do with a block of tofu! :) Tofu is marinated to perfection and is accompanied with a variety of stir-fried vegetables. Leaving your mouth watering and belly satisfied. Enjoy!
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 5 tbsp Trader Joe's Island Soyaki
- 5 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3/4 tsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon - squeezed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or as needed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp seseme seeds
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Drain the Tofu.
- Prepare the marinade combing all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisking together. Cover and refrigerate / set aside.
- Cut the drained tofu into triangles about 1/2 inch thick and dry fry. (Place on a dry skillet, over med-high-high heat, flipping until the moisture is out and is dry and fried.)
- Pour marinade over the tofu in a large ziplock plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to coat the tofu.
- Next day, prepare the mixed veggies for stir-frying.
- Preheat a wok on med-high heat. Add oil, add ginger, onion, garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant. Add the bell pepper, jalapenos, adding water or rice wine if it gets dry.
- Add the tofu and marinade and heat throughout. Add the sesame seeds and tomatoes.